Nominated by Rabindranauth (Thanks!)
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Seems pretty straight forward! Well, I’ve already done numero uno anyways, so it’s on to the next rule!
11 Facts About Me
1. I have an excellent memory. It’s not flawless or eiditic, but it’s exact enough to impress, as well as catch some people in interesting situations. If you tell me something, it’s unlikely I’ll forget it. I might not even forget when or why you told me.
2. I have excellent hearing. It goes with the excellent memory. I can hear the other side of most phone conversations. This was more entertaining back when not many people had cell phones.
3. When I was young, my family used to spend summer weekends on the shores of the Great Lakes. I could have sworn I’d seen Loch-Ness-like creatures bobbing along the waves early in the morning. No one believed me, of course, except for one lighthouse keeper.
4. I volunteer at animal shelters and rescues whenever there’s some time to spare. One of these days, I’d like to start fostering and rehabilitating mixed-breed dogs of the “pit bull” stigma.
5. I used to imagine life after school as dull and tedious, but to my surprise, it’s been a lot of fun since I’ve been off on my own. No more rushing or cramming or stressing out or keeping up with other people’s social lives.
6. Living life on your own terms, according to your own schedule, is what I consider a simple pleasure.
7. I don’t have an absolute favorite anything, just things I’m into at the moment.
8. I don’t get sick anymore. The last time I had a cold was 1999.
9. Contrary to everything I just said about school, I’ve been thinking about returning and getting an advanced degree. Maybe something ambitious in the subfield of forensic auditing.
10. I used to be a fairly serious
football soccer fan (family tradition), but now there isn’t much time to keep up with all the leagues and clubs and their internal dramas anymore.
11. I’m not a morning person, but I’m a dog person. These two don’t mix because dogs are morning people.
Replies to Rabindranauth’s 11 Questions
1. What book would you credit your love of reading to? The Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. The stories weren’t scary, but the artwork has stayed with me for life.
2. Stephen Hawking recently admitted he thinks artificial intelligence could be humanity’s worst mistake in history. Do you agree? No, because…nuclear weapons. AI seems a trite understatement in comparison to all that barely “harnessed energy.”
3. If you could move to any country in the world, where would you go and why? New Zealand. The weather and scenery are ideal, and the people seem rather nice.
4. What do you love most about blogging? Meeting people who share my interests whom I’d otherwise not be able to meet because they live all over the world.
5. Batman or Superman? Superman. This isn’t even a close call.
6. If you could eradicate one disease in existence, which would it be and why? Only one? That’s tough. I’d have to choose malaria and all of its resistant strains because it’s scary how fast they are developing defenses against antimalarial drugs. Actually any strain that has the ability to resist treatment is scary.
6. Who’s your favorite band/singer? I don’t have a favorite, just a favorite at the moment which is a tie between Fitz and the Tantrums and Bill Withers (he of the “Ain’t No Sunshine” fame).
7. If you could travel to any time period, when would you go and why? The future. No specific year, really. I just want to see how much longer the planet can sustain life after all we’ve done to it.
8. Who do you want to see become the new King/Queen of Westeros? No preference since I’m not a fan of the series. I haven’t even finished the first book. :O
9. What TV show would you recommend to anyone? The Cosmos series, both Carl Sagan’s and Neil Degrasse Tyson’s
10. Who would you take your chances in a death match with, Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? I’d rather take my chances with Chuck Norris. He seems psychologically easier to overcome in a death match.
11. Which of the above 10 questions did you find the most intriguing? #6(a)
There seems to be 12 questions here…
My 11 Nominees
- 38 Caliber Reviews
- Book Reviews Forevermore
- Clyde Mach
- Eli Glasman
- High Fantasy Addict
- Lit Chic
- Paper Breathers
- Planetary Defense Command
- Premier Book Review
- Ceridwen and Elizabeth from Soapbox
In the spirit of the Liebster Award, I’d like to keep to the rules, but I don’t know how many followers each of you have. So apologies in advance for including you if you already surpass the 200 followers mark. Also, I don’t know whether or not you’re open to awards. If you’re not, let me know.
My 11 Questions for Nominees
- What is a thing of great beauty to you that most other people don’t “get”?
- How many languages are you fluent in?
- What do you want to be when (or if) you grow up?
- What fictional character do you identify with most?
- If you could have any super power, what’s one you wouldn’t want?
- Best place you’ve ever visited?
- What’s the strangest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Favorite conspiracy theory?
- Favorite urban legend?
- Favorite mythological creature?
- What time is it and what’s the weather like where you are?
Everyone is welcome to participate. Let me know if you join in because I’d love to see your answers.
Looking forward to your posts! 🙂