Here’s how it works:
– Link back to the person who nominated you
– Give 11 random facts about yourself
– Answer 11 questions from your nominator
– Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers
– Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
– Inform your nominees
11 Random Facts:
- I’m not a morning person.
- I’m an insomniac; that’s how I get most of my reading done and why I’m not a morning person.
- I recently found a coconut chai blend and mornings are getting better.
- I’ve been a distance runner for most of my life, but have never ran in an official marathon.
- I’ve always had the ability to deal with and get over upsetting things quickly.
- Sometimes I get words that sound alike mixed up. Not like “accept” and “except,” but like “masticate” and “masturbate,” and “homophone” and “homophobe.”
- I haven’t had a real vacation since I entered college. Sure there have been 4-day weekends now and then, but they’ve been either for work or family. I have yet to take any time off just for enjoyment.
- Thanks to the magic of streaming I’m rediscovering TV shows I never finished. Currently working on Lost, Heroes, and Jericho. Next up: Fringe, Battlestar Galactica, and The Wire.
- I’m also rediscovering The Color of Magic (aka Discworld #1). It makes me burst out laughing while violently weeping on the inside (RIP Sir Terry).
- One of these days, I might become a ridiculously eccentric book patron, in the same vein as those ridiculously eccentric art patrons. Many of my favorite authors who have great stories to tell have trouble getting their work published, and I’d like to help them out if I can.
- The world must never know that I can be bribed with puppies. And kittens too, I suppose. Small furry animals are my weakness. But the world must never know.
Questions from Anna:
Have you read any books recently by an author whose new to you?
- Yes, most recently is The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Wonderful story, beautifully written.
Is there a single item, a treasured possession that you never leave the house without?
- My keys, particularly the house one.
The typical physical book vs ebook vs audio book debate, which do you prefer?
- It used to be–hands down–physical book, but ever since I upgraded, I’m quite attached to my new ereader. So *sigh* ebook.
What is one place you’ve always wanted to travel to? (This can either be a fictional or non-fictional place)
- Not sure if this is considered a place, but I’d like to go outer space. Just to float around up there, no particular destination in mind.
Favorite quote from a book you’ve read recently.
“There is nothing else like me in the entire world,” said Finn. “That’s what you wrote. I’m the only one. I can’t tell you what it means to be the only one of my kind,” he said. “I can’t…There is a lack in myself. But your thesis almost filled it in. It was…a start.”
― Cassandra Rose Clarke, The Mad Scientist’s Daughter
Which book genre do you prefer above all others?
Which author would be your best friend?
- Martha Wells
If you could pick an era to live in which one would you choose?
- This one. Cynical as I am, I must admit this is an exciting time to be alive and I wouldn’t choose another over it.
Do you have any bookish habits?
- I bring my ereader everywhere I go.
How do you organize your books?
- By how much I enjoy them. Beloved books get quality shelf space and the rest get whatever space I can squeeze them into.
Who is your favorite book character and why?
- Hard question since I don’t have favorites, but a character that’s still haunting me is Melanie from Mike Carey’s The Girl with All the Gifts.
The blogs I nominate:
Carol @ http://clsiewert.wordpress.com/
Steph @ http://bookishswint.wordpress.com/
Bettie @ https://bettiesbooks.wordpress.com/
Kate @ https://thelawandthereader.wordpress.com/
Yvo @ https://melovebooks.wordpress.com/
Rabindranauth @ http://drunkendragonreviews.wordpress.com/
Ana @ https://anaslair.wordpress.com/
A House of Books @ https://ahouseofbooks.wordpress.com/
One More Attempt @ https://1moreattempt.wordpress.com/
Abby Mabb @ https://abbymabb.wordpress.com/
Ceridwen Anne @ the soap box
Questions for my nominees:
1. What book(s) would you recommend to someone you just met?
2. What book(s) have you recommended the most?
3. What book turned you into a lifelong reader?
4 What popular book(s) do you hate?
5. What book(s) do you have lined up to read next?
6. Something about you that would surprise most people?
7. What’s your biggest fear?
8. If you could have any super power, what’s one you wouldn’t want?
9. What’s the strangest thing that’s ever happened to you?
10. If nothing is impossible, what would you do right now?
11. What time is it and what’s the weather like where you are?